Forums » Auto and moto

Low-Protein Foods for a Dog with Liver Disease - Health Guide

• September 1, 2022 12:36 PM +06

Is your Emotional Support Dog is suffering from some sort of liver disease? I am sorry about it. I know it can be heartbreaking to watch our pets or ESAs suffer.

But if you are worried about your suffering pet’s diet, let me tell you that you need not worry anymore.

I am here, and I am here to help. I will recommend you some low-protein dog food that will be super healthy for your suffering doggo. Your dog does not have to suffer anymore.

We are going to find the perfect solution for it.

So, let’s have a look at our options.

Option #1: Prescripted Food

Surprisingly enough, there are already loads of dog food available for dogs with liver diseases. So you just need to find the best dry dog food for a dog with liver disease. You can also consult a vet on this matter.

Or you can simply search online. But it is best to talk to the vet before starting any food. 

But you must have a legitimate esa letter before you keep a dog in your house.

Option #2: Homemade Diets

There are a lot of recommendations for dogs with liver diseases. Some of these recommendations include a diet of sweet potatoes mixed with white potatoes and a little bit of fish.

It is also recommended that you add some vitamins to the meal, but then again, a vet would know best about what vitamins your dog needs.

Option #3: An Easy Recipe

Ok, so, if you don’t want to give your dog any meat whatsoever, even fish, then I have a recipe for you. 

Give it chicken. Yeah. But not just chicken, of course.

Do a bit of mixing and matching and pair up the chicken with pumpkin, eggs, oatmeal, and even cheese.

This will quickly become a soothing diet for your doggo.

If you live in a rented house you must have an esa letter for dog in order to show it to your landlord otherwise you may not be able to keep a dog in your house. 

Option #4: The Detox Diet

If you think that your dog is suffering a lot, then it may need a liver detox.

For this, most people recommend a diet that consists of one part fish and three parts vegetables.

But make sure that you don’t use a fish like Salmon, which has quite a lot of proteins in it. Also, use vegetables like zucchini or green beans. 

Option #5: Dairy Products

Another diet that can be soothing is one consisting of only dairy products.

You can try different kinds of cheese like cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, or even goat cheese.

Also, try to give your dog some yogurt. But do not overdo it. That can cause your dog to have an upset stomach and cause you loads of trouble.

Some people worry about the pricing of ESA letter but they do not need to worry now because they can get a cheap esa letter from many services available.

Option #6: Fruits/Vegetables

Honestly, fruits and vegetables are the best diets.

Not just for us but for animals as well. Ok, so maybe your dog can’t become a vegetarian, but it can most certainly eat vegetables and fruits.

Papayas, figs, blueberries, and watermelons (the seedless kind, mind you) are recommended the most.

Also, everything that I have mentioned above is safe too.

Bonus Option: What to Avoid

In the end, you should know some things that must be avoided.

Anything that has high levels of copper must be avoided, like duck meat, pork, or lamb.

You can substitute these with white fish, turkey, chicken. They have protein in them too, but in low-levels. So, they are safe as long as you use them as suggested above.

Now you know it.

The dos and don'ts are in front of you now. Now, if you want, you can make your dog an ESA. All you need is an ESA letter, And if you are wondering how to get an esa letter then do not worry because you can get that online. You don’t even need to get out of the house.

But do be careful.

Make sure you find an authentic website before paying them your money so that you don’t get scammed.

Good luck!

Learn More About Emotional Support Animal Letter:

how to get esa

how to get your dog as an esa

how to make your cat an esa

how to get esa dog

how to get an esa letter online